Thursday, November 17, 2011

Gabriel Giffords

abcnews.com

I am so thankful that Gabrielle Giffords is willing to share her story about the road to recovery. If you did not get a chance to see her ABC special you can go here to watch the full episode (not sure how long this will be available).  I STRONGLY encourage you to watch this uplifting and inspiring interview!


 
This Diane Sawyer exclusive was especially interesting since it aired clips of the Congresswoman in speech therapy. I found myself on the couch nodding and saying “Yes, that’s it! Keep trying!” After watching her story I was all fired up to see my students and challenge them to work harder! If this woman can make progress so can you!

I also love that this show gave people a better idea of what a SLP does within a rehab setting! There are so many out there who have no idea what a speech language pathologist does, or they only know one aspect of it.

She also has a book coming out, Gabby: A Story of Courage and Hope. It is definitely going on my Christmas list!


Leave a comment and tell us what you think of this interview!


No comments: