Thursday, January 24, 2013

Word Retrieval App


Time for another app review! Today we are looking at the WordRetrieval App from the Virtual Speech Center! (To see a review for Articulation Games from the Virtual Speech Center go here.)



Why am I excited about this app? Because I can use it to target goals from my TBI students! Yay! Finding new materials for these students can be difficult since they are older and seem to get board fast!

What does this app do? Well, helps people with work retrieval problems. (And some days I feel like I am one of those people! Ha!) It is a flashcard or jeopardy style game that allows you to target skills such as naming a picture, sentence completion, opposites, associations, and convergent/ divergent naming.



Who could I use this with? Well, I used it with my TBI students but you could also use it with students who have aphasia, Central Auditory Processing Disorder, and other language disorders.

It is simple to use and collects data for you, as all good apps do! It is $9.99 in the app store!


To see how you use it watch the video below. 





No comments: