Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Summer Homework


The end of the year is always a very busy time for SLPs. I don’t know about you, but my To Do list feels never ending. One major thing on my list is sending home speech practice over the summer.

I believe it is important to send some type of ‘homework’ with students so that they will continue to practice their sounds over the summer. There is nothing worse than kids regressing over the summer and having to start all over in the fall.

So, if you are looking for summer work to send home try our Summer Articulation Packet.


This packet includes 8 weeks (5 days each week) of speech activities, a letter to parents, 2 cover pages your students can choose from to color and 2 bonus pages. Each activity is generic so this product works for any phoneme. This means there is no prep for you! Just print and go! That is always my favorite way to do it!





I staple together the cover page, parent letter and 8 weeks of homework. The activities should take no longer than 10 minutes. Parents can initial or check off each activity. Hopefully this will encourage students to participate each day and not feel overwhelmed! As extra incentive, I bribe offer students a special prize such as an extra trip to the treasure box, lunch with me or cupcakes. 

To get this packet click here or go to our Teachers Pay Teachers store. 

Have a wonderful summer!


No comments: